HILL COTTAGE RETREATS
The Intuitive Voice with Sarah Harman and Zarine Katrak
A One Day Vocal Improvisation Workshop: 10.00 - 4.30
Vocal improvisation, in its many forms, can be a powerful contributor to increased self-awareness, emotional well-being and positive sense of self. It can offer imaginative ways of relating to others; and most importantly it can be fun and liberating to ‘sing your own song’
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for anyone who wishes to strengthen and develop their relationship with their voice. It may prove useful for those relying on their voice for work whether with a music or therapeutic background or equally those working in education or facilitation.
What will we do
We will create opportunities to:
• Explore vocal layers beneath the everyday use of the voice
• Play with structures to enable participants to share their intuitive voice with others.
How will we work together?
• Sarah and Zarine will demonstrate the underlying structures, leaving participants free to interpret and explore creatively
• We will use movement, body mindfulness, drones, rhythms, vocables, improvised melodies and sounds to exercise voice, mind and body
• We will work in pairs, small groups and the whole group
Cost and Booking
This workshop is £40/£35 to include refreshments and a vegetarian soup based lunch. There are sixteen places for the day.
Please contact us if you are interested.